Monday, February 2, 2009

Sleep Night Over

This must be a year of firsts.  PK1 had her first "sleep night over" on Friday.  She has called it that since she was very little.  We would say she was going to have a sleepover at her Grandma's and she understood it as "sleep night over." 

I wasn't really ready for this, and if it had been anyone else, I doubt I would have said "yes."  But having her at her best little friend's house, is like having her at my sister's house.  I didn't worry for a second.

Here she is leaving without batting an eye.  She could barely be bothered to hug me goodbye.
First they opened presents:
Then they went to a paint your own pottery place:
Then they went out to dinner:
PK1 colored this on the back of her menu:
They also had cake and played and watched a movie. The report is that they behaved like little ladies the whole time and had a blast.  I had to close PK1's bedroom door the night she was gone because when I walked past it that night I felt kind of sad that she wasn't there. 
I have heard that “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”  I couldn't agree with this more as I have started to let my kids go out of arms reach occasionally. 
But I have to let them go a little bit at a time and I was glad that it was all a good experience.  I hope it will be awhile before it is my turn to host one of these "sleep night overs."

No comments: