Sunday, February 8, 2009

Let them eat cake

PD and I used to go here occasionally when we lived in a different neighborhood and had two incomes and zero daughters:
















In addition to a regular café menu, they have the most beautiful cakes and tortes and petite fours.  I would rarely get one..or just one tiny one because of concerns about calories or money.




















But I have always thought it would be great to be able to eat whatever I wanted from the beautiful display:
So recently I thought..you know who else likes to eat as many beautiful cakes as you want?  Little daughters.
So instead of flowers or gifts for Valentines Day this year, we did this:















The girls talked all week about the cake store, and the flavors of cake, and how we would share the cakes and how many days it was until we went to the cake store.















I told PD ahead of time to bring lots of money because I didn't want to have to skimp.  He said he would just keep buying cake until someone puked.  (ok ok I guess he got the point) We actually didn't end up eating THAT much and we took some home because it was so rich.  The coffee was good too:















PD is such a good dad for girls:















It was at least 50 degrees that day and we didn't want to go home so we went window shopping and out to dinner afterward. 















To see more of the beautiful desserts follow this link Mozart's Café.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I've gotten a gift box of treats from here before. Yummy. Looks like you all had a great time.

schwadette said...

such a FUN idea! i'm SO jealous...that chocolate cake looks perfect! maybe you guys can bring one saturday night... hint hint hint.... :)