Thursday, December 9, 2010

Zoo School in December = brrrrrr

I swear.  I do so many things that I don't want to do these days.  And I hardly bat an eye.  OK, PD and my friends might say I fuss a bit.  But it was FREEZING at Zoo School this month, but it was also a really good one!

 I am not an animal person, but I have a couple favorite animals and one of my favorites made a personal appearance. Check out the sloth! His name was Sid.  It is so funny when they bring in the animal visitor each month.  They always arrive in a big cooler or crate with their name on it. The sloth expert was really animated and funny.
 The topic was rainforests and they studied the layers of the rainforest and the animals that reside there.  After meeting our animal visitor, they were to use a big array of craft supplies to create their own tropical bird.  They came up with some pretty cute stuff.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Brrr...I remember that animal from when the zoo came to VBS this year. That's a pretty neat way to learn.