Thursday, May 28, 2009

Things to Remember Thursday

I was telling my friend the other day that I was considering not taking the PKs for their yearly well visit to the doctor anymore.  I kept thinking about it and decided that the only reason I was taking them was to see what their growth percentiles are.  (For those of you who don't know, this is a chart the doctor shows you comparing your child's height and weight to other children.)  I am always curious if there is any way the girls will be a little taller than me.


















With the kind of health insurance we have, it is money out of our pocket too.  And I hate going in, waiting and trying to keep them from touching whatever the flu infested kid before us touched.














So my friend suggested that I just look up a growth chart online. Genius.  I love the internet.  So here are my findings.

PK1













At 6 years and 5 months:
your child is 39 pounds, and that is
at the 8th percentile for weight.
your child is 44.5 inches, and that is
at the 17th percentile for height.

PK2













At 4 years:

your child is 33 pounds, and that is
at the 32nd percentile for weight.
your child is 41 inches, and that is
at the 75th percentile for height.

So there you have it.  Two little peanuts.  One a little more peanuty than the other. I won't name names.

That is like $300 dollars in the bank!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

They are so cute.