Monday, April 20, 2009

The Windy City: Part I

We visited my sister and her family in Chicago this weekend. I am going to try to write a little post about it each day this week in order to share all our fun times.  I apologize in advance that there seem to be more pictures of us doing crazy stuff than of actual Chicago hot spots.
Here we are waiting for the subway. 
The kids call it the train, and it is one of their favorite parts:
We also rode the bus:
We love Suzy Orman and her sound money advice and crazy jackets.  If you aren't familiar, she has a show where people call in and she tells them if they can afford to do stuff.  Unless you have your 401K maxed out and six months salary in the bank, she says, "DENIED" and won't let you go to Bermuda or buy new sofas.
Here are the PKs, my sister and her kids (same ages as mine) in the big city.  I can't believe that my sister lives and is raising her kids in such an urban area.  I was walking into her grocery store with her once and looked up and I was in the shadow of the Sears Tower!
Here are the little ones getting a ride.  This was the first trip no one had a stroller!
And here we got the biggest banana splits ever!  (click the picture to see it bigger)
More to come tomorrow...

4 comments:

schwadette said...

we *heart* Suze too! Her jackets are WHACKY! :) Looks like you guys had fun... those banana splits look too yummy!

Oh - and is the Sears Tower still the Sears Tower? Aren't they changing the name?? (CRAZY!)

ohio12 said...

you are right...it is called something else, but it will always be the Sears Tower to me. my sister's kids call it the serious tower!

Kelli said...

I love Chicago...it's my favorite city. It's too cold to live there for me though. I should have asked you to bring me back some pizza...oh well!
Looking forward to the rest of the posts.

really.truly said...

Fun! I love chicago. Love your pink scarf too.