Thursday, January 26, 2012

Whoooooo went to Zoo School?

























We went to zoo school in the sleety snow:
























We met the world's smallest owl, Peanut:
























And a really big owl too...I took video of him flying across the classroom, but it is just a blur.




































Then the girls got to dissect an owl pellet.  If you don't know, this is the gross wad an owl pukes up after he eats a bird or squirrel or mouse.
























Of course, it brought a great deal of joy to PK1.

























They give you a paper with pictures of the "things" (beak, talon, bones) you might find.  Then you carefully dissect aforementioned "wad."
























Oooooo a talon!

























Best buddies:
























Everyone is very proud of me that I let the kids touch owl pellets and that I let the owl fly around over my head without being on a leash or anything.  I also, am pretty proud of myself.

No comments: