Saturday, November 19, 2011

Soli Deo Gloria
























I am becoming more and more passionate about teaching our kids theology through the practices of our lives.  This is how young Jewish children were brought up in the faith.  Daily, weekly and holiday practices re-enforced the stories and tenants of their faith.  I believe our theology shapes our practice and if we don't know our theology, how can we live righteous lives?  The girls and I have studied the Reformation and Reformation Day (which happens to fall on Halloween every year) the last few years. See our favorite book above.  This year we invited the GEMS to have a Reformation Day celebration with us. To prepare, the girls and I made a giant Wittenberg Door

























And what did we happen upon at the thrift store..but a Martin Luther costume for PD.  He did a great job helping me teach the girls with a little skit we wrote.


































We also had a craft time and learned the Five Solas. We made a little book.  Each page had one Sola and a verse to explain it.















































Everyone had a good time and learned something, which was the whole idea.























Special thanks to my best friend, who I did not take a picture of.  She showed up with a lovely dessert for my guests and served it with grace and efficiency while I madly finished up the craft time. Everyone should have a best friend like that.

1 comment:

On the Verge-Couples ed. said...

PLEASE start taking videos of your skits. thanks. :)