Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Little Bit Scary

Halloween was a little scarier than usual this year. A couple days before Trick-or-Treat, PK1 came down with aches, chills and a really high fever.  My main concern was swine flu (H1N1). Her main concern, when the fever came down, was whether she would be able to go out trick-or-treating.

I was so torn.  I felt like a terrible mom making her stay home, and I felt like a terrible mom if I let her go.

I consulted all my top advisers and decided to let her go to a few houses.  We were all disappointed to have to miss the neighborhood party, but our BFFs still came over. The kids were given strict warnings not to share germs or even touch each other!

PK2 was a cowgirl:
















PK2 was a pale and puny looking American Girl:
















Gram and Papa stopped by with such a big bag of wonderful treats, we really didn't need to go trick-or-treating.












































LNG was a cute little hippie:
















The BFFs arrive:


























PLEASE BRACE YOURSELF
This will be the cutest picture you will see this year:
























I told you.  Here is one more.

















The BFF's daddy even paid $90 to get an earlier flight home from a business trip in time for Trick-or-Treat.  What a hero!!
















PK1 did decide to go home a little early, but we are so thankful she didn't miss Halloween and even more thankful that she is healthy again.
















PS  This is what I wanted our pumpkins to look like this year:











But PD said that the girls got to design their own and they wanted this:
































Still pretty good, but isn't the picture I picked CUTE?  I might have to get my own pumpkin next year.

Here is a link to last year's Halloween:  Halloween 2008

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Poor PK1, but I'm glad she got to participate a little. My cowgirl is so adorable with her friend, there is a lot of cuteness in that picture, I agree.