Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Heart Huckabee

Mike Huckabee was in town to do a series of events with John Kasich last week.




















And guess what?  I have a really close relationship with John's Deputy Policy Director.  (As in... I bore him two children.)  I was really hoping to go to a fancy adult event and try to shake Mike Huckabee's hand, but alas, no staff were allowed to go to that.  Then I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to go to the town hall meeting they were doing because I had no one to watch the PKs during the day.  (A downside to homeschooling.)  It was PD who finally suggested..JUST bring the girls with you.
















It was such a crazy morning.  I had to take PK1 to her homeschool co-op first..we couldn't skip because it was picture day.  PK2 and I waited around for half the co-op and then after the picture we drove down to the Ohio State campus, eating lunch on the way.  I was super prepared with books and suckers for the PKs.  They had to be really quiet because the event was being taped.












As soon as we got there PD sent an intern to come meet us at the entrance and take us back stage!  This is where it gets good.  We were sitting backstage for only a little while watching PD and his crew go over the questions with the moderater when the guests of honor walked right in!













Mr. Huckabee was so nice.  He introduced himself to me and teased the girls a little and asked them how old they were.  He, of course, thought we were awesome to homeschool because he is a school choice guy!














The girls behaved perfectly (only two large suckers each).  PK1 even said she enjoyed listening to all the good ideas they had!
















It was especially cool to meet one of my favorite politicians because he was so genuinely nice, and that is not always the case.

2 comments:

schwadette said...

how cute are you guys??? next time CALL ME... the girls can come play at our crazy house! :)

Kelli said...

Isn't it nice to have an in! How cool that you got to meet him.