Monday, June 29, 2009

Not So Laughy...Taffy

Last year, when I told one of my good friends that I was going to home school PK1 this year, she took it better than I thought.  She said, "Just don't get fat."  I guess she knows a lot of dumpy home school moms.

















Well, I don't really think it was the homeschooling, but I did gain five pounds this year.  I was doing such a good job taking it off this summer until my neighbor gave me this:

















Now while I work at the computer I just eat this taffy.  After responding to some e-mails and ordering some books online, I looked down and this is what I saw:












I must have eaten ten or eleven pieces.  And I felt like I was going to barf. And apparently I don't like green or orange.

5 comments:

really.truly said...

Ha! This cracked me up. The orange are not that appealing to me either....the green look good.

More important...what books did you order ;)?

ohio12 said...

sadly, i was not ordering books to buy. i just put some books on reserve at the library. i was getting what we need to finish our lessons on Rome from SOTW.

Kelli said...

You are a mess. I'm sure it was good going down though. You'll swim it off in no time or run it off chasing after the girls.

andrew mellish said...

I shouldn't comment on this... but I couldn't stop laughing... at the wrappers and barf part, of course.

chicago_mom said...

I'm doing the same with swedish fish. And you are allowed 10 taffies sometimes since you basically never eat carbs. Your body was probably just so excited for some!