Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Morning at our house


























We were home for a few hours on Christmas morning by ourselves.  It was so fun to slowly open our family gifts.  The girls get so many presents from their grandparents, that I am always tempted not to buy them anything.  But I can't help it!  PK1 got lots of playmobile and PK2 has been wanting a remote control car for a year.  When anyone asks her what she wants for Christmas she says "reMOTE conTROL," in a sort of sing-song voice. She may or may not have said this to the governor-elect recently.  We were only a little embarrassed.





























PD picked out a great car for her.  It is perfect for her age.  Not too babyish, but not too difficult to maneuver.  It has even been out on the icy sidewalks already.  It also gives rides for baby koalas.























And sometimes PD has to "test" it a bit too.


































PK2 also got some legos.  She is a genius at following the directions and putting these together.  She wanted pirates this year.  (Remember, when you homeschool, they don't know what stuff is for boys and what stuff is for girls.)

































I got this awesome head scarf thingy that my sister told me was in style.  I love it to cover up my hair on a day when I don't want to shampoo! (second year in a row to be photographed in my Tina Fey glasses on Christmas morning)
























PD got mostly work clothes this year.  We spend more $$ on his work clothes than the three of us girls combined.  But we call these ties the Nard Dog ties after the guy on the office who wears super preppy clothes.  Not all PD's ties are so "polo club" but these were.

























The girls also got a ton of Zhu Zhu stuff for Christmas.  These Zhu Zhu pets have taken a bit of heat for being too much of a fad, but my girls really love playing with these.























Here is PDs car.  I wanted to show that we got a bit of snow on Christmas.  I should have taken a picture of the house, but then I thought I would put this on because PD's car is already 18 years old  and if I look back on this blog post someday..it is going to look really old and funny.























I also thrifted a couple dress up outfits for the girls.  PK2 really needed a medieval outfit so we can be super dorky and go in costume to the Ren Faire next year. And I couldn't resist the hat for PK1.  Everyone does come to us for the "perfect costume" when they need to dress up as something these days.



























Then we had an awesome breakfast of cinnamon rolls, eggs and bacon.  PK1 made the eggs for me this year. The cans of soda were not part of the breakfast, they were left out from the company the night before.  My BFF and my mom can groan now that I left out the mess and didn't clean it all up the night before. We headed to the Political Grandparents around noon...will post about that tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Sounds like a great political family Christmas. Love the hat.

Mamarazzi said...

soo FUN!

chicago_mom said...

Love your headband, love the nard-dog ties, love your girls. You do so good at Christmas! I miss you guys. Matt says we can come anytime. Just let us know when the dust settles after inaugural ball days.