Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

We had the most wonderful relaxing summer night at our house with the grandparents for Father's Day.  We missed our sisters, cousins, brothers-in-law and my dad and mom, but it was a nice quiet little evening.  PD wanted me to make a pecan pie, which is not a summer food, but I made it and served it with ice cream to compensate.  I also made grilled salmon, asparagus, rice, salad and rolls. I am listing them all because it has been a long time since I made that many items at once.

 The girls helped with the pie:















And setting the table "fancy"











We just relaxed:















And played tournaments with this beanbag game:



We are so blessed to have so many great Fathers in our lives. I do prefer Mother's Day though..it is 10:18 and I just finished cleaning the kitchen!

3 comments:

MA mom said...

What a lovely Father's Day celebration...ours was special in that Katie brought home flautas from our favorite Mexican food restaurant "Felipes". I felt like it was Mother's day too.

Kelli said...

I'm sure your hubby was happy about the pie. Rondell loved the key lime pie I made. Sounds like dinner was great as well as the company.

Mamarazzi said...

You have waterford glasses...they are beautiful!