Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mwangaza Children's Choir































A few weeks ago our family hosted some girls from the Mwangaza Children's Choir.  Our church partners with a church in Uganda and one way they raise funds and awareness is to send out these traveling choirs of kids from Uganda.

































They are the most amazing children.  Every night before bed, they lead your family in a devotion time.  They pray with such fervor.  They have such a real relationship with God.  I can't even put it into words.  When they are singing though, you know that the Holy Spirit is there in that room. They pray that God will bless your family.  One of my friends whose husband was out of work, hosted a group too.  The day after the girls prayed for them, the husband got a job!  We went to several of the concerts they were doing in the area and really got close to them.






















We took them to the water park.























Played games...especially Uno:























Played outside:























Looked through a telescope:























It was a crazy exhausting weekend, but I hope we will never forget it.  I also hope we can do it again sometime.

They really loved just doing puzzles.  It made me want to send a huge package of puzzles to Uganda. When the littlest girl saw our American Dolls, she said, "Oooooo I have dressed these girls before."  After a meal, they carry their plate in and say "thank you for cooking."  And they call you auntie and uncle. And they put a ton of salt on everything. They also have an amazing ability to remember names.
























When we had to take them to the church to leave on Monday morning...it was really hard.  I started crying and PK1 did too.






















In fact, PK1 and I cried off and on for a few days.






















PD kept asking me to explain why we were crying.  It wasn't just that we were sad to say goodbye.  It is just that they were such a blessing. I wish that we lived like that all the time.  I don't mean to be down on our family, because our family is awesome...but I wish we were more like that.  Well, I shouldn't even try to explain it, because I can't.
























Here is a little video clip of them performing one of their songs:

1 comment:

MA mom said...

What I noticed first is how PK1's eyes sparkle and her smile is so real! What a wonderful experience for the whole family. God's gifts arrive when we least expect it.